Booking a bulky waste collection
The bulky waste service is a chargeable service available to residents who would like household items collected from their home, or who are unable to take items to the Household Reuse and Recycling Centre. Any items that are reusable will be separated and reused. We will not provide a service to:
- landlords or other property managers
- commercial properties. If you are a commercial customer, you will need to make alternative arrangements with a licensed waste contractor.
From residential properties we are unable to collect:
- garden waste using this service. You can take garden waste to the Household Reuse and Recycling Centre for free or opt in to our garden waste collection service.
- large amounts of DIY waste. Items such as doors, kitchen or bathroom units, greenhouses, boilers, radiators, bricks and tiles, fence panels or very heavy items will need to be disposed of by a registered waste company. You can take small amounts of DIY waste (such as a car boot load of bricks, timber, plasterboard etc.) to the Household Reuse and Recycling Centre for free.
- hazardous waste, this can be collected through our separate Hazardous Waste Service
If you would like to book a bulky waste collection, please see the following:
- up to four items - £35 (four black bags would count as one item)
- five to eight items - £55
Please ensure that all items are left in a visible location at the edge of your property by 6.30am on your scheduled collection date.
Terms and Conditions
- Bookings are non-refundable
- take note of your collection day and ensure that the items are presented on the scheduled day.
- all items must be left ready on ground level at the boundary of your property as close to the road as possible by 6.30am. The items must be easily accessible and visible from the road at all times as collection staff will not make contact before a collection. If you live in a block of flats, the items should be placed by the bin store area for collection.
- collections cannot be made from inside properties, inside blocks of flats, back gardens, garages or sheds. Residents can approach friends, relatives, charities or voluntary organisations if support is required to place the items outside the property/ block of flats.
- make sure you have clearly specified what you want collected in your online request or on the phone. These items will be listed on the collection staff worksheet and they will not collect items that are not listed.
- it is your responsibility to ensure items are presented correctly by 6.30am. No refund will be given where items have not been presented on the scheduled day. This would have to be rebooked for another collection at an additional cost.
- any items not presented for collection on your booking form at the time of payment will not be collected and no refund will be provided.
- we reserve the right for collection staff to refuse items on inspection which breach safety and environmental legislation by collecting/ handling them such as asbestos, chemicals and other hazardous waste.
Amendments and Cancellations
- If you would like to make changes to your booking or cancel, please contact us at least two working days before the scheduled collection date.
- Refunds will not be provided for cancelled bookings or for removing items from a collection.