Bulky waste collections
Bulky waste service is available to residents
- who would like household items collected from their home
- who are unable to take items to the Household Reuse and Recycling Centre
This service is not available to:
- landlords or other property managers
- commercial properties. If you are a commercial customer, you will need to make alternative arrangements with a licensed waste contractor.
What we can collect
We able to collect typically any bulky household item that you would take with if you were to move house and not fixtures or fittings and that can be carried by 2 people. This can include:
- electrical items,
- white goods
- bed frames
- 4 x bin bags (this is 1 item)
We are unable to collect:
- garden waste using this service. You can take garden waste to the Household Reuse and Recycling Centre for free or opt in to our garden waste collection service.
- large amounts of DIY waste. Items such as doors, kitchen or bathroom unit, greenhouses, boilers, radiators, bricks and tiles, fence panels or very heavy items will need to be disposed of by a registered waste company. You can take small amounts of DIY waste (such as a car boot load of bricks, timber, plasterboard etc.) to the Household Reuse and Recycling Centre for free.
- hazardous waste, this can be collected through our separate Hazardous Waste Service
Any items that are reusable will be separated and reused.
- up to four items - £36
- five to eight items - £56
For example a double bed frame and a double mattress are considered 2 items.
Environment and waste
Contact us about waste and recycling.Address: