Book a bulky waste collection
Pay to have large household items like furniture or appliances collected from your address.
If you have large household items that you want to get rid of, but they’re too big for your bin, you can pay to have them collected from outside your home.
We can collect
Our collection crew can take large household items like furniture or appliances.
You can have up to 8 items in each collection. Every item must be able to be carried by 2 people or less.
We can take things like:
- sofas and chairs
- wardrobes and cabinets
- baths, sinks and toilets
- electrical items (like vacuum cleaners, cookers, fans, computer equipment)
- white goods (like fridges, freezers, dishwashers, washing machines)
- bed frames
- soft furnishings (like rugs or carpets)
- 4 black bin bags of different types of waste - we count this as 1 item
We cannot take
Our crew cannot come into your home to remove or dismantle items.
We cannot take:
- kitchen or bathroom units
- boilers and radiators
- fence panels
- large amounts of DIY waste like bricks, tiles, timber or plasterboard
- very heavy items that need more than 2 people to safely lift
- garden waste
- hazardous items like asbestos, chemicals or tyres
- clinical waste
You might be able to take some of these items to the Household Reuse and Recycling Centre or book a private company to remove them for you.
Our collection staff can refuse items which breach safety and environmental legislation by collecting or handling them. If this happens, we will cancel your collection and you will not get a refund.
How much it costs
- £40 for 1 to 4 items
- £61 for 5 to 8 items
Book a collection
You can choose an available slot in the next 8 weeks.
Make sure you add every item you want to be collected to your booking. Our collection crew will only take items that match the booking request.
Change or cancel a booking
You cannot change the items or time of a booking once you’ve paid for it, so make sure you’ve added everything to your booking that you want to be collected.
You can cancel your booking at any point before the collection takes place, but you will not be refunded.
On collection day
The crew will collect the items between 6.30am and 4.30pm on your booked day. You do not need to be at home on the day.
You must make sure that all items:
- are outside by 6.30am on the day of your booking
- have nothing left inside them
- are visible and easily accessible from the road
- do not have parked cars between the items and the road
We cannot collect items from inside blocks of flats, back gardens, garages or sheds.
If you live in a block of flats, put your items next to the bin store area (not inside it) on the morning of your collection.
It is your responsibility to make sure that the items are available for the crew to collect. You will not get a refund if the crew cannot collect the items.
If the collection crew has not collected the items by 5pm on your booked day, call the Waste and Recycling team on 020 8547 5002.
Call the Waste and Recycling team on 0208 547 5002.
Environment and waste
Contact us about environment and waste issues.Address: