Villiers Road Recycling Centre
The Villiers Road Household Reuse and Recycling Centre (HRRC) is open for pre-booked visits only.
In accordance with government guidance, householders should only take waste to the HRRC if it cannot be safely stored at home and no alternative disposal options are available.
- The HRRC at Villiers Road is open but strictly by appointment only.
- You must pre-book your visit - visitors without a confirmed booking will not be allowed access to the site.
- Site restrictions will apply
- Only one booking per day is permitted - If more than one booking is made, the later slot will be cancelled and you will be denied entry to the site.
- The Charity Retail Association website allows you to search for your nearest charity to donate a number of items.
- In addition to our main recycling centre, there are three recycling sites located across the borough where you can take a range of items for recycling
Fair access policy
A Fair access policy has been introduced which will allow households to access the site up to 20 times a year.
- Limiting the amount of visits will help ensure that council tax payers are not footing the bill for those who are disposing of commercial waste illegally, or those who are disposing of excessive amounts of waste on a regular basis.
- The fair use policy is per household. The combined number of visits per household for those with two vehicles is 20 visits per year
- There is no limit to the number of times you can visit on foot or by bike.
However, if you need to visit the site multiple times and are approaching the 20 visit limit, for example when moving house, you will be able to complete an exemption form.
Booking your visit
- Bookings can be made 2-6 days in advance, there are limited slots available,
- The final time for a slot to be booked by is 9am the previous day
- If there are no slots available, please be patient and check back online daily or consider signing up for garden waste collections or a bulky waste collection.
- Please ask friends or family to book online on your behalf if you do not have access to the internet. Those that have no one to help them can book a slot via the contact centre
- What you can take to the centre has a full list of what is accepted at the centre
- There are exemptions if you are using a van or large vehicle.
- If using a hire car indicate the registration number,if known, or the word HIRE CAR where unknown
- You must read the site restrictions section before you complete the booking form.
Please only complete this form once and check your junk or spam folder for your confirmation email.
Once you have booked a slot you will be unable to cancel this. Not attending your booking will count towards the 20 visits per year.
- Monday-Friday: 7.30am to 5pm
- Saturday 7.30am - 4pm
- Sunday and Bank Holidays 9:30am - 4pm
- Sundays 3:15-4pm - pedestrian / cycle access
- We are closed on Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year's Day and we close at 12 noon on Christmas Eve.
In addition to our main recycling centre, there are two recycling sites located across the borough where you can take a range of items for recycling, which are listed below. Leaving any items not specified below at these sites is classed as fly-tipping and can lead to prosecution and substantial fines. None of the recycling sites have facilities for recycling rigid plastics (e.g. plastic toys) or disposing of non-recyclable rubbish.
You can also make use of the Recycle Now website to find out where you can recycle specific items across the borough.
Kingston - Sainsburys car park, Richmond Road
- mixed cans
- mixed glass
- plastic bottles
Surbiton - Waitrose car park, Claremont Road (temporarily closed)
- mixed cans
- mixed glass