Renew a permit
Please keep checking this web page for up to date information regarding changes to the Parking service in light of the current response to COVID-19
All parking permits and vouchers are now digital, which means you will only be able apply or renew online.
When your permit is available to renew (one month before the expiry date) a renewal button will appear on your permit in NSL Apply. You can renew your permit any time after this button has appeared up to the day before permit expiry.
This button will disappear on the expiry date and you no longer have the option to renew the permit, you will need to complete a new permit application. Our teams are unable to reinstate the renewal option once it has expired.
You will be taken to an external site where you will need to create an online account. You will be required to upload proof (documents) which can be scanned.
Detailed requirements for each of the permits can be found on the 'What type of permit do I need' webpage.
We have created an easy to follow guide on how to register and apply for your visitor vouchers online. If you need any further help, please feel free to contact us on the number below.
How to apply for a resident parking permit online
If you would like help to activate online visitor vouchers or do not have access to the internet, we are happy to help. Please call 020 8547 1333 (Monday - Friday, 9am to 5pm). If you are expecting visitors after 5pm on weekdays or over the weekend you can activate your vouchers in advance.
For the small number of residents who don’t have an online account for parking services, you can continue to use paper scratchcards for visitors.
Most permits can be renewed by confirming that you continue to meet the qualification criteria. We will send you a renewal reminder if we believe you may qualify.
Renew your permit online
If your resident’s permit is due to expire in the next thirty days and you have not changed any of your personal details (including your address, residential status and the vehicle details), you can make your application to renew it online using our secure payment service.
If your permit is due for renewal you will be sent the details you will need to renew it. If you have not received this notice you can contact us (during office hours).
By making a permit renewal application you are confirming you agree with the following statements:
- I confirm that I continue to reside at the address stated at least four nights a week over 13 consecutive weeks and consider this to be my primary home address.
- I confirm that I continue to be the keeper of the vehicle detailed, and its particulars have not changed and it continues to comply with the eligibility set out in my initial application.
- I understand that at any future point during the life of the permit, I may be asked to provide suitable evidence of both address and vehicle ownership. I confirm I will provide this promptly and understand that failure to do so will result in the permit being cancelled.
- I provide the contact details which I may be contacted on if I am selected for additional checks. I will advise the Council of any changes.
- I understand that if I stop living in the controlled parking zone or stop keeping and using the vehicle listed, I will return the permit immediately.
- I understand and accept that if I have stated anything, which I know to be false or untrue, I may be prosecuted.
- I have read our updated guidance notes and instructions for residents’ parking permits and understand and accept the terms and conditions under which these are issued.
Other ways to apply
If you are unsure about using the internet, or do not have access, we are happy to help you with the alternatives. Just call us (during office hours) and we can give you advice, arrange to send you forms by post or guide you through our online services.
To ensure the integrity of the scheme, we make use of existing Council records. We will also select some applications at random to provide the normal evidence. This may be after your permit has been issued. Please ensure you provide an email address during the application process so we can contact you quickly and avoid delay.
Please note - if you do not respond to our requests for evidence, we will not issue the vouchers, or if they have already been issued and you ignore our requests, we will cancel and invalidate the permit. If a vehicle is parked without a valid voucher, it may receive a penalty charge notice (PCN).