Parking suspensions and dispensations
Who can apply and what we offer
- Anyone who wants to park in an area where parking is restricted can apply to us for permission.
- suspend parking spaces to allow you to park or gain access (suspension)
- allow you to park where or when you can’t normally (dispensation)
- We must be satisfied there’s a valid reason for the request, there are no reasonable alternatives for parking and it won’t cause a safety or traffic problem.
- There is a fee unless the request is for a funeral when we provide up to three dispensations or suspend up to three spaces for the day without charge.
- If you are requesting a parking suspension due to supporting an event please refer to our guidance on Host an Event in Kingston.
- Red routes are controlled by Transport for London (TfL). If you need a parking dispensation for a red route (eg for loading a moving van while moving home), then you can apply to TfL for a dispensation.