Controlled parking zones
About parking zones
Controlled Parking Zones (CPZ)
- Some areas of the borough are in a controlled parking zone (CPZ). In a CPZ, all streets are subject to parking controls.
- Kerbsides are marked out as permit or pay and display parking bays or with yellow line restrictions.
- Each CPZ has different operational hours and some have different time restrictions for different parts of the zone. There may be two tiers of parking charges.
- You know when you're entering a CPZ as there are large street signs at the entrance to each one. They’ll also tell you what zone you’re in and the hours when parking is restricted.
Parking Permit Areas (PPA)
- Some areas of the borough are in a Permit Parking Area (PPA).
- In a PPA, all streets are subject to parking controls and vehicles may park only when displaying a valid permit for that PPA.
- Unlike a CPZ, there are no marked bays in a PPA.
- You know when you're entering a PPA as there are large street signs at the entrance to each one.
- They’ll also tell you what area you’re in and the operational hours when parking is restricted.
Bank holiday parking
Car parks are chargeble on bank holidays.
You can park on single yellow lines (without kerb markings) and Pay and Display areas are not chargeable EXCEPT in Kingston town centre (Zones A and A1) and the following roads from Zone B:
- Acre Road (part of the road)
- East Road
- Canbury Park Road (part of the road)
- Cowleaze Road
- Elm Crescent
- Elm Grove
Late night parking restrictions
In Zones A and A1 (Kingston town centre) and the above roads in Zone B, parking controls apply until 10.30pm seven nights a week.
The late night restrictions do NOT apply to these roads in Zone A and Zone A1:
- Avenue Road
- The Bittoms (part of)
- Milner Road
- Woodbines Avenue