The following pages refer to car parking. For anybody driving a motorcycle, please visit the motorcycle parking page.
Pay and display
Before paying for parking check you are in a pay for parking space, rather than a permit holder only or other restricted space.
Where pay and display parking is in operation you can park your car in a pay and display space, then buy a ticket from the payment machine. Costs and parking hours will be displayed on the machine. You buy a ticket to cover the amount of time you intend to stay. You then display the ticket in your car.
Pay on foot
Where pay on foot parking is in operation you take a ticket as you enter the car park and pay on the way out. Costs and parking hours will be displayed on the machine or in the car park. When you return to your car you put your ticket into the payment machine, pay the correct fee and then leave.
If you lose your ticket press the “i” button on the payment machine, it will provide further directions. Unfortunately if you have lost your ticket, your parking session will be timed from the car park opening hour to when you leave the car park.
If you experience problems with the pay station or require assistance please contact the car park office by pressing the "i" button on the pay station. Your call will be answered immediately.
Pay online or by mobile phone
What are the benefits?
- it's quick and easy to use - register once and you can use the service whenever you need to pay for parking in Kingston
- you can choose to receive text messages when your parking is about to expire
- you can extend your parking without returning to your car (up to the maximum stay permitted)
- there is no need to find change for parking machines - use your mobile phone to pay and it will be charged to your credit or debit card
To use the service you need to register your vehicle and payment card details. You can use the service by:
- registering on RingGo
- texting 81025 (You must already be registered to use this feature)
- calling 020 7125 0044 (calls charged at local rate)
- downloading the RingGo app onto your mobile phone (available on iPhone, Android and Windows)
If you require help registering please call 0905 009 1122 (calls to this number will cost £1.53 per minute plus network charges. Calls to this number must have the bill payers permission and such calls will appear on their telephone bill.)
When using the RingGo service, customers will pay a 20p convenience charge on top of the normal parking charges. If you use the RingGo “text to park” option, you pay for the text message at your agreed operator rate. You also pay a 10p charge for the text message (which you automatically receive) confirming the details of your parking session. Parking session confirmation messages and reminder texts (alerting you when your session is about to run out) cost 10p per message. Further information around these charges can be found on RingGo.