Parking permits and visitor vouchers

Childcare permits

If you employ someone to take care of your child or have a regular arrangement with someone to do so you can apply for a childcare permit. 

Childcare permits can be purchased for 3, 6 or 12 months.

They’re available for all Controlled Parking Zones A, B, C, G, H, N, R, S, T, and V.

You can have 1 permit per address.

What you need to apply

You will need to provide electronic copies (scanned or photographed) of documents to show proof of address and proof of childcare arrangements.

Proof of address

Copies of 2 of the following:

  • Council Tax document
  • tenancy agreement
  • utility bill (we cannot accept mobile phone bills)
  • driving licence
  • bank statement

One of the documents must be less than 3 months old and the others no more than 6 months old.

Proof of childcare arrangements

We will need to see proof that childcare is being provided.

This could be:

  • a formal employment contract if you’re paying for care
  • a signed statement from you and your family member stating details of the childcare they’re providing, if you have regular help from family members

How much it costs

It costs:

  • £75 for a 1 month permit
  • £150 for a 6 month permit
  • £300.00 for a 12 month permit 

Apply for a childcare permit

After you apply

Permits start when you receive an email confirming that your permit is active. 

Depending on the type of permit purchased, approval may be instant or if it requires verification, it may take up to 10 working days after the day you make your application.

Last Modified: 02/05/2024 16:10:39