Parking permits and visitor vouchers

Contractor permits

If you’re having substantial repairs or building works to your property that will last for more than 3 weeks, you can apply for permits to allow the contractors to park during this time.

Contractor permits are available in all Controlled Parking Zones (A, B, C, G, H, N, R, S, T, and V).

You can have a maximum of 2 per address.  

You can purchase up to 2 permits at any one time, each valid for up to 3 months.

What you need to apply

You’ll need to provide electronic copies (scanned or photographed) of documents to show proof of address and proof of work being completed.

Proof of address

Copies of 2 of the following:

  • Council Tax document
  • tenancy agreement
  • utility bill (we cannot accept mobile phone bills)
  • driving licence
  • bank statement

One of the documents must be less than 3 months old and the others no more than 6 months old.

Proof of work

This proof should be in the form of a building or repairs work estimate or contract.

It must be:

  • addressed to the applicant
  • name the property
  • dated
  • specify what work is being carried out
  • on official company-headed paper

We will assess each application individually and may ask for further proof.

You can apply even if you do not own the building.

How much it costs

It costs £38 for one 3 month permit.   

Apply for contractor permit

After you apply

Permits start when you receive an email confirming that your permit is active. 

Depending on the type of permit purchased, approval may be instant or if it requires verification, it may take up to 10 working days after the day you make your application.

Last Modified: 05/02/2024 12:15:11