Support with rising living costs
General support and advice
We know this is a challenging time with increasing costs for everyone. This page has lots of advice and support that might help - if you do need help, please ask.
- Kingston Citizens Advice Bureau toolkit - Information and advice to help local people cope with the cost of living increases. Find out more information by calling 020 3166 0953.
- Connected Kingston - Connected Kingston is a site dedicated to helping Kingston residents find local activities and navigate local services. It is run by the council and Kingston Voluntary Action in conjunction with local charities and statutory organisations.
- Worrying About Money - If you or someone you support are facing money worries or financial crises, you can find information about where to get support locally and nationally. As well as this digital version, we also have a copy as a leaflet, which can be found online Worrying About Money leaflet.
Support for children and families
Request for donations of warm coats and winter shoes for kids
Kingston’s Children’s Centres would like to offer families the opportunity to reuse and recycle their children’s winter coats and shoes.
All items must be in good, usable and clean condition. Think: “Would I offer this to my friend?”
We are looking for coats ages 0-11 years and shoes/boots sizes 0 to junior size 3.
If you have items you could donate, we will be grateful to receive them at:
Old Malden Children’s Centre on Friday 30 September 2.30-4.15pm
Tolworth Children’s Centre on Friday 7 October 2.30-4.30pm
For alternative options to donate in Kingston, Chessington, Old Malden and Tolworth - contact the local centres below to arrange a time.
- Kingston Town Children’s Centre please call 020 8481 0640 to arrange a mutually convenient time to drop off items.
- Chessington Children’s Centre please call 020 8397 2006 option 5 to arrange a mutually convenient time to drop off items.
- Old Malden Children’s Centre please call 020 8241 0837 to arrange a mutually convenient time to drop off items.
- Tolworth Children’s Centre plrease call 020 8339 9848 to arrange a mutually convenient time to drop off items.
Dates for families to come along, view and collect items will be offered later in October.
For more information, contact: Sophie Hodges (07849 305143) or Siobhan Meacher (07784 006661), Lead Outreach Workers