Cookie Consent by Free Privacy Policy Generator Change cookie preference

Support with rising living costs

Finances, budgeting and debt advice

Household Support Fund

The Government has made additional funding available for low-income households in Kingston who meet the criteria and who are struggling to afford food, fuel, utility bills and other essentials. You can apply yourself or ask a professional/someone who supports you to apply on your behalf. For more information, including the eligibility criteria, please visit our Household Support Fund webpages.

The UK Government now has a Help for Households page which first links first to the opportunity to apply for a Cost of Living Payment - to find out id you are eligible - go to the web page here. 

Government Energy Bill Support Scheme

For tenants who did not qualify for the Government's Energy Bill Support Scheme (EBSS) through direct monthly payments from their energy provider please find out if you can get a one off £400 EBSS payment here  This counld be you if you pay for energy through a landlord, housing manager or site owner, or if you live in a park home, houseboat or off the electricity grid. 

Help to increase your monthly income

If you need help applying for Universal Credit then contact Kingston Citizens Advice which offers help to claim - 0800 1448444

Managing your household budget

Knowing how much money you have coming in each month, and where you need to spend it, can help you to keep on top of all your household expenses and prepare for any unexpected extra costs.

Debt advice

Credit Union - Boom

Boom Community Bank is a not-for-profit financial organisation with more than 12,000 members. It prides itself on offering innovative and accessible financial solutions to support its customers through dynamic economic circumstances.

As a credit union, Boom Community Bank operates within specific areas, including Kingston. It offers competitively priced personal loans, Child Benefit loans, debt consolidation, and savings and current accounts.

Becoming a member is completely free by simply applying for its services, making Boom Community Bank an accessible option for everyone in the Kingston community.


Last Modified: 20/04/2023 15:56:57