The vision for the Kingston Station area is to enhance the arrival experience from both the station and Kingston Bridge and support the regeneration of the town centre by creating an environment that is safe, attractive and accessible for all.
The project is designed to improve links to and from the historic town centre, the Thames Path and north Kingston. The public space will be enhanced, cycling safety, and introducing a sufficient number of modern cycle storage and hub facilities.
The plans aim to:
- enhance the arrival experience to the town centre
- transform cycling facilities
- upgrade the public space
- offer better connectivity and provision for those on foot
- improve road safety
- public consultation 20 June to 18 July 2016
- construction started April 2017
- construction is anticipated to complete in 2020