Buy, hire or loan a bike
Try Before You Bike
If you are looking to try a bike before you buy one we have two schemes available.
Try Before You Bike - the flexible bike scheme that will get you cycling
- Trial a new or nearly new bike for a monthly fee from £10 for kids / £20 for adults / £20 for folding / £50 for electric.
- Bike delivered directly to your door with a free cycle skills session to increase your confidence.
- If you like the bike, buy at a discounted price or pay monthly.
- Range of bikes to try with a helpful guide to selecting the right one for you.
- All bikes come with lights, lock and helmet and you can add any other accessories you might need.
- Maintenance and theft cover available for peace of mind.
- Free delivery and collection. No deposit, interest or cancellation fees.
Sign up with Peddle My Wheels who run the programme on behalf of Kingston Council
Get cycling with a free Go Cycle loan bike
Anybody that lives, works or studies in the Royal Borough of Kingston upon Thames can be loaned a bike for one month, free of charge. You'll also be loaned a helmet, lock and lights so that you'll have what you need to get cycling.
There's no limit on use - for the month of your free bike loan we want you to use it as much as possible and wherever possible to experience how cycling can fit into your lifestyle.
If you're a complete beginner or haven't cycled for a while, and want to give it a try without the barrier of buying a new bike, then sign up for the scheme.
We can also offer cycle training (on a one to one basis) and bike maintenance courses to get you on your way.
- book a free cycle skills session
- book on to one of our bike maintenance courses
At the end of the month, return the bike so that we can loan it to other participants. For more information, see our Go Cycle bike loan guide.
Sign up for the bike loan scheme
We currently have a waiting list for the loan bike scheme. If you sign up we will contact you when we have bikes available.
We have a range of men's, women's and folding bikes in various sizes. The bikes are suitable for riding on roads and firm tracks, for commuting and leisure. The folding bikes can be taken on trains, buses and the tube.
To sign up:
- register for the scheme by filling out the online form
- when a bike is ready we will email you an invitation to make an appointment
- your bike can be picked up from Guildhall 2, KT1 1EU
- please bring along ID, proof of address and £50 deposit (cash or cheque)
- a week before your bike is due back, we will email a reminder to make an appointment to return the bike.
- "I never cycled at all, but now I cycle every day to and from work"
- "I now have my own bike which I use to cycle to work. Before the scheme I was not cycling at all as I thought it might be too far"
- "Taking part in this scheme has rekindled my love of bike riding. I am planning to buy a new bicycle and will become a more active cyclist as a result of taking part in this scheme"
- "I think the scheme is great and I think the staff involved are very professional and really patient with dealing with novice cyclists"