What's happening when?
Construction of the Kingston to Kingston Vale route along the A308 between Kingston Town Centre and the A3 commenced in October 2018. This phase will involve construction works of 5 sections along the length of Kingston Hill;
Section 1 - Warren Road to Derwent Avenue - Commence October 2018
Section 2 - Galsworthy Road to Warren Road - Commence November 2018
Section 3 - Derwent Avenue to Robin Hood Way - Scheduled to commence spring 2020
Section 4 - Manorgate Road to Galsworthy Road - Commence February 2019
Section 5 - Old London Road to Manorgate Road - Commence May 2019
Updates - Section 5
From 21 September to November - London Road/Cambridge Road Junction
These works are designed to upgrade the junction and improve the pedestrian areas, for the benefit of all road users.
- On 21 September works to upgrade the junction will commence and run until November 2019.
- During these works there will be traffic management measures and temporary traffic signals, while the improvements are made and the new traffic signals installed.
- The bus stop at the junction (heading towards Manorgate roundabout) will be temporarily closed. Bus services and routes will remain unaffected.
- The road will remain open and access to the town centre and local businesses will remain open as usual.
Junction of London Road and Queen Elizabeth Road - From Wednesday 24 July major works will be undertaken on the junction redesign and the installation of new traffic signals in conjunction with TfL. Traffic management and temporary lights will be in place. Works on the pedestrian areas and the roadside around this junction are scheduled to complete in September.
Albert Road - at the intersection with London Road will close from Thursday 27th June. Vehicles will not be able to access Albert Road from London Road or exit from Albert Road onto London Road during this time.
- To access Albert Road: Enter Albert Road from the intersection with Fairfield South/Orchard Road via Wheatfield Way.
- To exit Albert Road: Exit from the intersection with Fairfield South/Orchard Road or alternatively travel via Church Road onto Cambridge Road. Cyclists are advised to follow diversions or alternate routes. Pedestrians - crossing and pathways will be signed.
From the 4 November 2019 a works compound will be located at the entrance of Brunswick Road at the intersection with Kingston Hill. Brunswick Road will be temporarily closed until the Spring of 2020 while this compound is in place. Pedestrian access will be maintained at all times. Vehicles however will not be able to access the road from or onto Kingston Hill during this time. Access and exit from Park Road onto Brunswick Road will remain. Brunswick Road between the intersections with Kingston Hill and The Farthings will be closed while it is used for the new relocated works compound.
The ‘Quietway’ route completed in April 2018, involved the creation of a route along Canbury Park Road, Queen Elizabeth Road and Gordon Road, shared between vehicles and cyclists. Quietways are continuous and convenient cycle routes on less-busy backstreets across London, and suit people who want to cycle on lower-traffic streets.