Local Land Charges search
Inspection of the Local Land Charges register
Most requests to carry out a Local Land Charges Search are submitted by solicitors or licensed conveyors acting on a purchaser's behalf.
Processing each search involves researching and supplying information so we charge a fee. However, individuals are able to carry out their own searches for free.
Christmas and New Year Opening Times 2023 / 2024:
- Thursday 21st December 2023 Normal service by appointment only
- Tuesday 26th December 2023 – Monday 1 January 2024 – Closed
- Tuesday 2nd January 2024 - Normal service by appointment only
For any further information please telephone: (020) 8547 5126
The Local Land Charges Register is available for personal inspection on Tuesday and Thursday.
- There are six 1 hour slots available on those days as follows:
- 9am - 10am,
- 10am - 11am,
- 11am - 12pm,
- 2pm - 3pm,
- 3pm - 4pm,
- 4pm - 5pm.
- Please note only one person (company) is permitted for each 1 hour slot.
How to book
- Please call 0208 547 5126 to book your appointment and email the addresses / land parcel you wish to search to firstname.lastname@example.org to ensure that all the relevant register information is available for you to inspect.
- Please ensure the address(es) are supplied at least 24 hours in advance of your appointment otherwise we will not be able to deal with your request.
- At the time of your appointment please report to the main Guildhall Reception on the ground floor.
- Please be aware that RB Kingston holds Part 3 of its Register in accordance with Rule 7 of the Local Land Charges Rules 1977. You will therefore need to search the Councils Planning Applications and Decisions database for any qualifying permissions .
- These new arrangements will be kept under review.
You will need to speak to Thames Water Property Searches to find answers to some of the questions contained within the search.