Hook Studio Terms and Conditions
Studio Terms and Conditions
- On arrival at the Hook Centre, users must report to the Music Service office (Mon-Fri 9am – 5pm) or out of office hours, to the security desk located in the main centre. Here you must sign in and you will then be escorted or directed to the recording studio.
- Please ensure any keys or door passes are handed back to KMS staff/security at the end of the hire period.
- Please be aware of fire exits and any safety equipment and in the event of an alarm please calmly leave the building by the nearest fire exit and report to the Fire Officer/Security Guard outside the dry cleaners on Hook Parade.
- Recording studio staff reserve the right to remove persons from the studio. There is a zero tolerance policy for any abuse towards the Hook Centre or the Studio staff.
- If users have any special needs these must be detailed at the time of booking. Our studio is fully accessible.
- Users are expected to leave equipment in the same condition as they found it and report any faults to a member of staff immediately. Any equipment used must be put away before the end of your session and the studio left clear.
- Those using the studio will be responsible for any damage to the rooms, furniture or equipment during their use.
- The Hirer shall be responsible for ensuring the safety and welfare of children and adults at risk using the Hook Music Studio. The Hirer must comply with the current Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) requirements ensuring that they and anyone else coming into contact with children or adults at risk as part of the hiring hold a current DBS approval (current is deemed as having been obtained within the last 3 years).
- BLOCK BOOKINGS - Payment for regular hire of the studio will be invoiced a month in advance. Please note we no longer accept cash payments but can accept card payments over the phone or online. We reserve the right to cancel your booking if payment has not been made.
- SINGLE BOOKINGS – Your booking will be confirmed to you and an invoice generated prior to the booking. Payment must be made prior to your event/hire taking place online or by card over the phone. We reserve the right to cancel your booking if payment has not been made.
- We reserve the right to alter, add to, omit or vary the charge for the hiring of the music studio.
- KMS reserves the right to refuse an application and/or discontinue sessions. Monies will only be refunded if this has been the fault of KMS.
- Sessions booked in advance by the user can be cancelled by the user no later than 3 days (72 hours) before the day the studio has been booked for. Failure to arrive at a pre-booked session will result in the full charge for that session (at the current rehearsal rate).
- KMS and the studio staff reserve the right to cancel a pre-booked session if necessary. Any fees will then be refunded or credited to the user’s account.
- KMS reserves the right to alter the above Terms and Conditions at anytime but will not effect a pre-existing booking.