Music lesson prices, timings and how to apply
You can choose music lessons at any one of our music centres. Lessons take place in the evening or at weekends.
Our music centres:
- Hook Music Centre
- Coombe Music Centre
- Kingston Music Centre
- Tolworth Music Centre
- Surbiton Music Centre
Lesson prices from September 2019
Prices are for ten, one to one lessons, per term.
One to one music lessons for children under 18 cost:
- 20 minutes (for beginners) is £149 per term
- 30 minutes (for intermediate) is £217 per term
- 40 minutes (for advanced) is £290 per term
Group lessons for children under 18:
- 30 minute paired lesson is £95 per term
- 30 minute group lesson (3 in a group) is £75 per term
Family lessons (ukulele, guitar, singing and percussion only)
- 30 minute family lesson (one adult and up to 3 children) is £240 per term.
* additional discounts for larger groups are available where these can be set up.
Apply for music lessons
Before applying for music lessons please read our terms and conditions. Then complete the online form. Once we have received your application we will contact you with further information, including how you can pay.
Musical Excellence Award
Kingston Music Service (KMS) has a scholarship programme which is a scheme to support and nurture our talented young musicians by providing them with a range of music opportunities to develop their wider musical skills. The award includes:
- an individual 30 minute lessons with KMS
- compulsory attendance at a weekly KMS ensemble of a suitably challenging level, membership of theory and aural classes (membership fees included)
- free trial of a second instrument for one term
- solo performance opportunities at high profile events throughout the year
- invitations to attend special projects, musical development opportunities and to go on trips to professional concerts
- a named mentor who is the liaison between the scholar, family, music tutor, school and service
Applicants should be aged 10 to 14 and must be a minimum of grade 4 on their instrument.
The cost for the programme is £215 per term (a bursary of up to 60 per cent may be available for those on low income).
For further information and details of how to apply please email us.