Who can apply
We have a small amount of funding to help parents and carers on a low income. This means we can give children in Year 3 and above who attend an RBK school, bursaries (discounts on fees).
Who can apply?
You could get help to pay your KMS fees if:
- you have an annual income of less than £16,190, and
you get one or more of these benefits:
- income support
- income-based job seeker's allowance
- income-related employment and support allowance
- the guarantee element of state pension credit
- support under part 6 of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- child tax credit (but not working tax credit)
- working tax credit run-on – paid for four weeks after you stop qualifying for working tax credit
- Universal Credit - if you apply on or after 1 April 2018 your household income must be less than £7,400 a year (after tax and not including any benefits you get)
How to apply
Complete the standard application form for lessons at school or a music centre and we will contact you to confirm that you meet all the criteria. At a later date we may ask for evidence to show you meet the criteria.
Let us know if something changes
You need to let us know straight away if something changes in your circumstances. If something changes and you no longer meet the criteria for the bursary we may ask you to pay the full amount for the lessons. We have the right to recover any underpayment of fees.
We may withdraw your child from the bursary programme if they are not regularly attending lessons or making satisfactory progress.