Our schools and nurseries
A free place at school
All children in England between the ages of four and 16 are entitled to a free place at a state school. Our schools are an important part of our local communities and have earned a reputation for offering high quality education.
Free early education
Children are also entitled to free early education from the age of three and some may be entitled to free childcare and early education from the age of two. For more information see our pages on early education.
There are a variety of secondary, primary, junior, infant and nursery schools within the borough. These schools cover the following age ranges:
- three to five years: nursery schools and nursery classes within infant and primary schools
- four to seven years: infant schools
- seven to 11 years: junior schools
- four to 11 years: primary schools
- 11 to 18 years: secondary schools
Map of schools in the borough
You can see the map on this page or open it in a new window: Schools map