Privacy Notice and Data Protection
We may analyse your personal information to improve services and for the following purposes:
- undertake statutory functions efficiently and effectively
- service planning by understanding your needs to provide the services that you request
- understanding what we can do for you and inform you of other relevant services and benefits
- help us to build up a picture of how we are performing at delivering services to you and what services the people of the borough need
- analysis of costs and spend of services we provide so that we can to ensure better and efficient use of public funds
- evaluating, monitoring health of the borough population and protecting and improving public health
The council is however committed to using pseudonymised or anonymised information as much as is practical, and in many cases this will be the default position. Pseudonymisation is a procedure by which the most identifying fields within a data record are replaced by one or more artificial identifiers, or pseudonyms. There can be a single pseudonym for a collection of replaced fields or a pseudonym per replaced field. Anonymisation is the process of removing identifying particulars or details from (something, especially medical test results) for statistical or other purposes.
Profiling and Automated Decision Making
Profiling means any form of automated processing of personal data consisting of the use of personal data to evaluate certain personal aspects relating to a person, to analyse or predict aspects concerning that person’s economic and health situation, reliability, personal preferences and interests etc. Automated-decision making means any processing that is carried out by automated means without any human review element in the decision-making. For example; carrying out credit checks searches to detect and reduce fraud.
We may use your information from the different services that you engage with to create a single view and profile of you, which will help us to better understand your specific needs and ensure we are providing the right and efficient services to you in accordance with your needs as well as ensure that we hold one accurate record of your basic personal data across all our council services; such as your name, DoB, address, email address, change in circumstances etc. Profiling will be carried out only when it is necessary in order to provide you with the service you have agreed to receive or where the council has a statutory obligation or where to the law allows. However, we will notify you where we would do this and where required we will seek your consent.