Privacy Notice and Data Protection
Housing Landlord Service
Privacy Notice for the Tenants and Leaseholders of Kingston Council
What type of information is collected about you?
- contact details; including name, address, email address, telephone number
- date of birth
- proof of identity
- national identifiers such as; NHS number and NI numbers
- information about your family
- IP address and information regarding what pages are accessed and when
- lifestyle, social and personal circumstances
- the services you receive
- financial details for purposes of receiving or making payments
- employment details
- housing information relating your Council tenancy
- visual images, personal appearance and behaviour
- licenses or permits held
- business activities
- housing information relating to your Council tenancy
- panels, forums, surveys, events and workshops that you attend with/for housing service
We may also collect sensitive personal data that may include:
- physical or mental health details
- racial or ethnic origin
- gender and sexual orientation
- trade union membership
- political affiliation and opinions
- offences (including alleged offences)
- religious or other beliefs of a similar nature
- criminal proceedings, outcomes and sentences
We need your information for the following services and functions:
Your information will be used for the functions of the housing service. The services we provide are:
- Management of our housing stock as a landlord including repairs and maintenance, tenancy management, rent collection, service charge collection, estate services, resident engagement, leaseholder consultation.
- Administration of the Right to Buy Scheme
We will also use your information for our wider functions which are:
- the prevention and detection of housing fraud and any other crime
- to protect public funds in investigating misuse of public money
Who your information may be shared with:
We may share some of your information, for example your name and address, internally with other departments in the Council if this:
- helps you to access services more easily
- promotes the more efficient and cost effective delivery of services
- helps recover monies owed to the council
We share information with contractors who help us discharge our duties as a landlord which includes (but is not exclusive) repairs, gas safety checks, compliance with asbestos legislation, compliance with fire safety legislation, resident engagement, customer research, management of emergency alarm systems
We share information with other landlords, and government agencies such as DWP for the purposes of prevention of fraud and misuse of public money.
We are required under legislation to share your details with Adult Social Care and Childrens Social Care services for purposes of safeguarding.
The legal basis for processing your information
We have statutory authority to collect and process your personal information for the provision of our service, your consent therefore is not required to process your information. Where the service is optional, we will not process your information until you have consented to receive the service. Once we have your consent for the service, your information will be processed under our statutory authority to provide the service.
How long will we keep your information
We will retain your information for the period in which your information is being used for service provision or for our wider functions including debt collection. We have legal authority to process your information; your right to be forgotten does not apply to our functions and services.