Request waste containers

Delays to deliveries

Please note that there are currently delays for container deliveries. Any outstanding containers will be delivered by the end of the month. We apologies for any inconvenience.  

Household waste

We provide these waste containers for all properties: 

  • General waste (black bin)
  • Paper and card (black bin with blue lid)
  • Dry mixed recycling (green box) Please see the 'request a green wheelie bin for dry mixed recycling' below, if you require a wheelie bin.
  • Outdoor food bin (brown bin)
  • Indoor food caddie (smaller brown bin)
  • Garden waste (black bin with green lid) - chargeable service

New or replacement waste containers

You can request a new or replacement waste container by using the form below. We aim to complete requests within 10 working days, but this can vary depending on stock levels.

The introductions of the new container charge has been paused for the foreseeable future to allow time for some issues to be resolved. NB: those requesting a new garden waste bin as part of a new or additional subscription via the subscription service have been (and will continue to be) charged the £15 admin fee 

Residents who live in purpose built flats must contact their managing agent. They are responsible for providing any new or replacement non-recyclable rubbish bins. 

Request waste container form

Request a green wheelie bin for dry mixed recycling

You can now request a green wheelie bin for dry mixed recycling. The green wheelie bin is intended for residents who use 3 or more green boxes for their dry mixed recycling.

Request a green wheelie bin


You can order as many recycling containers as you need. 

Non-recyclable waste

We operate a 1 bin per property policy for houses or flats converted from a house.

You can:

  • Order a replacement for any damaged bins
  • Submit a request for a larger or smaller wheelie bins

Once we receive your request, a council officer will contact you to discuss in more detail. 

Garden waste service

We can provide a garden waste container to households. This is a chargeable service. Visit the Garden waste collection service page for more information.

Food waste

We do not provide free compostable bags for food waste containers. You can buy compostable bags from supermarkets or any of the libraries within the borough.

Sack collection service

You can request extra sacks by contacting the Waste and Recycling team.

We can offer sack collections if you need more wheelie bins but your property is unsuitable for them. Visit the 'Houses not suitable for wheelie bins' section for more information.

Last Modified: 13/04/2021 16:02:13

Environment and waste

Contact us about environment and waste issues.

Address: Guildhall 2
High Street
Kingston upon Thames

Telephone: 020 8547 5002