Comment on or view a planning application
How to view a planning application or appeal
You can search our planning register for
- individual planning applications (by reference number, type, street or date)
- planning applications and appeals that we've received or determined (decided)
- you can also view the planning history on any property back to 1948
If you notice anything incorrect on a planning application please let us know by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
Members of the public may inspect a copy of the application, together with the relevant plans and documents, by searching the electronic Planning Register available on the Council's website.
Internet access to the Planning Register is available at all reasonable hours at any of the Council Libraries. Details of library locations and opening times are available online or by telephone at 020 8547 5000.
A copy of the Planning Register is held at the Guildhall 2, High Street, Kingston upon Thames, KT1 1EU and is available for inspection at the above website.
Alternative access to the Planning Register can be made by emailing email@example.com or by telephoning 020 8547 5000.
Viewing Planning documents
Our Planning Register allows you to access applications, decisions and appeals, and to view plans and associated documents from 2000 onwards.
For a copy of a Section 106 Agreement or Tree Protection Order, please make a request. You can also request information on Section 106 financial obligations. Please note that this is a chargeable service.
We currently do not provide a printing service for historic documents pre 2000 that are on microfiche, but these can be viewed at the History Centre, Guildhall, High Street, Kingston. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to make an appointment.
How to search the Planning Register (Public Access)
To find an address and view the planning history for that property:
Click on the 'Property' tab in the ‘Simple Search’ screen.
Enter the postcode.
Select the 'Property' from the list.
You do not need to register to comment on an application, however if you choose to register you will be able to
- Track applications
- Save searches
- Receive email notifications about tracked applications and new search results
Anyone can create a new account free of charge. Follow these easy steps to create a new user account:
- Open the Planning Register by clicking the ‘Search the planning register’ button below
- click the 'Register' button on the portal homepage
- follow the instructions on screen
- read the terms and conditions
- tick the box to confirm that you have read and agree with the terms and conditions
- verify your registration by clicking the link displayed in an activation email sent to you (if you don't receive the email within 30 minutes, please check your spam folder).
Copyright relating to planning applications
Planning applications, including plans, drawings and other documents viewed through these pages, are made available by the Council pursuant to Section 47 of the Copyright Designs and Patents Act 1988 ("the Act"). By accessing and using this information you are accepting and agreeing to comply with the requirements of the Act.
You may only download or print material:
- For consultation purposes
- To compare current applications with previous schemes AND
- To check whether developments have been completed in accordance with approved plans.
Further copies must not be made without the prior permission of the copyright owner.