Hate crime

Get advice and support

Local Services

KREC offers a free advice, support, counselling, advocacy and mediation service to all victims of hate crime and hate incidents.

To contact KREC, call 020 8547 2332, send an email, or visit them directly on the third floor of Neville House, 55 Eden Street, Kingston, KT1 1BW.

National Services

Citizens Advice
The Citizens Advice website has more information to help you understand what a hate crime is and how to make a report.

The Community Alliance To Combat Hate (CATCH)
CATCH is a partnership between different support services which aims to make it easier to get help if you have been affected by hate crime. To get in touch, visit the CATCH website.

Victim Support
Victim Support offer free and confidential support to help people cope with the effects of crime, regardless of whether the crime has been reported or how long ago it happened. Call 0808 168 9111 or request support online.

Community Security Trust (CST)  
CST deals with antisemitic incidents and provides confidential victim support. Call their 24 hour emergency line on 0800 032 3263 or report non-urgent incidents by email.

GALOP is a charity providing advice and support to people who have experienced biphobia, homophobia, transphobia, sexual violence or domestic abuse. You can receive support anonymously. Call 0207 704 2040 or get help and find resources through the Galop website.

Mencap provides advice and support about learning disabilities. Call 0808 808 1111 from 9am to 3pm, Monday to Friday or use the email helpline.

Tell MAMA 
Tell MAMA supports victims of Islamophobia and anti-Muslim hate. You can contact them by email or by phone in the following ways:

  • Call their Helpline on 0800 456 1226
  • Send an SMS to 0115 707 0007
  • Send a whatsapp message to 07341 846 086 

The Traveller Movement (TM)
TM is a national charity providing advocacy and support for ethnic minority Gypsy Roma and Traveller people. Call 020 7607 2002 or email the Equality and Social Justice Unit for more information on their services.

Other people who can help

  • Members of staff - If an incident happens on business premises, make a member of staff aware of what has happened. They can make a record and may be able to offer support and assist any investigation into the incident if you choose to make a report.
  • Schools, Further Education and Employers - If you are a victim or witness a hate crime or incident at school you can tell a trusted member of staff what happened. They will be able to help get support for you and anyone else involved. If you are at work, you may feel more comfortable speaking to a colleague, your manager or someone from HR. 
  • Kingston Council Housing - If you are an RBK tenant or have been a victim of a hate crime or incident involving someone in an RBK property, please contact your Resident Services Officer using the email or phone contact details they have provided, by calling in at Tadlow, Washington Road, KT1 3JL during office hours or  by using the online contact form.

Last Modified: 12/05/2021 13:03:22