If you have a dispute with a neighbour about the height of a hedge, we have powers to intervene, but this should only be as a last resort after you've done everything possible to reach an agreement between yourselves. You will also be required to provide evidence of your attempts at a private resolution.
If you've tried to resolve the dispute yourself, and can answer 'yes' to all these questions, we'll consider your complaint:
- is the hedge growing on land owned by your neighbour?
- is it made up of a line of two or more trees or shrubs?
- is it mostly evergreen or semi-evergreen?
- is it more than two metres high?
- does it block views or light, even though there might be gaps in the foliage?
The non-refundable charge for this service will be £400.