Who we consult with
Within available resources, we seek to consult minority groups as fully as possible so that our Equality Scheme and all our services reflect the needs of all communities and groups within the borough.
Currently this is achieved through the following forums and groups of residents:
- Kingston Disabled and Older People's Forum
- Black and Minority Ethnic (BME) Forum
- Young People’s Forum
- Learning Disability Parliament
- Deaf BSL users
- Lesbian Gay Bisexual and Transgender (LGBT) Forum
- Domestic Violence Forum
- Domestic Violence Survivors’ Group
- Inter Faith Forum
In addition, mainstream consultation is undertaken regularly with the residents panel and with other groups of residents as appropriate.