Roadworks and traffic

How to complain about roadworks

We normally allow work on the highways to take place between 7am to 7pm but in some instances on busy roads, working hours outside this time are agreed with us, along with emergency works.

If you do have a complaint about works, look for the information board on the work site. This will tell you who is doing the work and their contact number. If for some reason there is no information board, contact us, and we will pursue the complaint on your behalf.

For major works, households in the immediate vicinity of the work should be notified in advance by letter, with the company’s contact details.

If you want to complain about noise arising from the works, you can do this using our online form.

Within six months of the works being completed, the company must return the road, pavement or path to its original condition.