Feedback and complaints

Complaints about Children's Social Services

Due to the effect of the ongoing Coronavirus (COVID 19) precautions, we may not be able to stay within our usual timelines for responding to complaints but will respond when we are able to. Resources and services will be prioritised to ensure essential services continue to be delivered. We appreciate your patience and undestanding.

Please follow this guidance only if your complaint relates to:

  • Child Protection
  • Fostering
  • Adoption
  • Looked after Children
  • Services for children with disabilities
  • Children Leaving Care

Complaints Procedure

If you have a compliant about children's social care then we will follow the process set out bellow. This is in accordance with The Children Act 1989 Representation Procedure Regulations (2006).

The Department For Education has provided a guide to help explain the legislation and complaints process called 'Getting the Best from Complaints'

You should use our corporate procedure for complaints about education, childcare or youth services.

If your complaint is about a particular school, you should contact the school directly as they each have independant complaints procedures.

If you are unhappy about a service or the way that you have been treated, the first step is to contact the memeber of staff you are dealing with (or their manager).

We will normally only consider complaints about things which happened within the past 12 months. However, in some cases we may be able to consider complaints outside of this period.

To make a complaint you can: