We need additional information to help us assess your application. The additional information may be national requirements defined by Statutory Instruments or local requirements that the Council need to validate and determine your application. The validation list lays out each requirement and includes:
- a brief summary of what information is required
- which applications require the information
- the policy driver behind the requirement
- where to look for further information
- Guidance on information requirements and validation
- Development Management Policy Annex: Information requirements and validation for planning applications
The list covers most types of applications. Section 1 sets out the national statutory requirements. Sections 2-6 deal with additional information which is required by the Council as part of its Local Requirements. We update the list to take into account any new legislation or change in policies at local, regional or national level.