Healthy Catering Commitment (HCC)
Reducing levels of saturated fat, salt and sugar content in food sold across London.
- We are encouraging food businesses in Kingston to join the Healthier Catering Commitment scheme.
- Food consumed outside of the home tends to be higher in saturated fats, salt and sugar than food freshly prepared at home. The Healthier Catering Commitment helps businesses make small changes in the way they cook and serve food to improve their customer’s health.
- Customers can be assured that healthier food choices are available in the businesses that deliver the Healthier Catering Commitment.
By making small changes to your menu and processes such as offering a selection of water and sugar-free drinks and offering smaller portions you could be part of this scheme to find out more please look at the Healthier Catering Commitment website on the "How to join" page to download the criteria.
If you are a Kingston food business operator who would like to join the scheme, please contact us at email@example.com
How your business can benefit
Caterers who successfully meet the criteria of the scheme will be listed on this website and we will tweet out your success.
We'll promote these businesses as part of our ongoing promotion of the scheme, aimed at increasing public awareness. We'll give you a certificate and window sticker to display on your premises and online. You will also be included on a map of London’s Healthier Catering Commitment businesses on the Healthier Catering Commitment website.
The many benefits to your business include:
- increased public awareness of your business
- attracting new customers
- positive recognition and improved reputation of your business
- contributing to the greater good and health and wellbeing of residents
- plus you'll get free advice and support with making effective changes to your business