Housing and care home options
There is a range of options you can choose if you are considering applying for supported living. There are different types of care homes available to suit varied needs or alternatively supported living can still be provided even if you continue to choose living a more independent life.
Supported living offers the opportunity to live with others who have similar support needs. Supported living homes are designed around the needs of the residents and often include adaptations and technology that help those with learning or physical disabilities live as independently as possible. Supported living can also be suitable for people living with mental health or other conditions.
If you want to try supported living you should speak to your social worker/care coordinator. They can discuss options with you.
You’ll need to think about
- Would you like to share or would you like to live on your own?
- Where do you want to live and what type of property would you best manage? - You may get help from a housing association who will find you somewhere to live
- Who will support you? - There are several support provider organisations in Kingston or you could recruit a personal assistant, or somebody you already know could support you
- What support do you need? - We can help you write a detailed support plan which includes all of the areas of support that you will need to help you stay safe and improve your independence.
- How will you pay for your support? - You could have a personal budget