Cookie Consent by Free Privacy Policy Generator Change cookie preference

Unauthorised skips and other abuses of the highway

The Council has a stepped and proportionate approach to enforcement. All action is in accordance with our Enforcement Policy. 

Unauthorised skips and other abuses of the highway

You can use our online forms to tell us about:

  • Unauthorised skips that do not have a licence 
  • Other abuses, for example scaffolding, A-boards and river enforcement
  • Fly-posting

Report fly-posting

Make a report using the map

If you see unauthorised skips and other abuses of the highway, you can report it by using the map below. 

You can:

  1. use the search bar on the map to search for a location, address or street
  2. click on the map to place a pin
  3. proceed to fill in the short form

Or make a report using the form

If you have accessibility requirements or difficulties using the map you can make a report using the form. Note that the form will be reviewed manually and may take longer to action.

Report unauthorised skips and other abuses of the highway

What happens next?

The Street Scene Inspectors will attend and resolve the issue, if a licensing issue, endeavour to obtain a licence or deal with a compliance complaint such as dangerous scaffolding or an overloaded skip. 

If the complaint cannot be easily resolved then his officers will escalate the report to the Enforcement Team. They will use more formal methods such as the service of a formal notice or take Court action.   


Last Modified: 28/09/2022 17:47:01