Pay your rent
The easiest way to pay is by direct debit.
Direct debit is the easiest way to pay your rent. Most people pay their rent this way. We can collect payment on the sixth of the month or fortnightly.
Important information about paying your rent
- Rent can be paid every week on a Monday
- or every month on the sixth
- or every fortnight on Monday
- you should allow four working days for us to receive payment
- please have your rent/service charge reference number to hand when paying. If you give the wrong account number your payment may be delayed or not reach us at all
- if your bank declines the payment, we will not be able to tell you that the payment has been refused – please check your account to ensure the payment has left. If your bank refuses the payment you will need to follow up and pay by another method or sort out the issue
- you can pay online by debit or credit card using Mastercard, Visa, Visa Debit and Maestro
- please keep any receipts you receive as proof of the payment
- If you need to amend your direct debit instruction please get in touch with the housing team
Pay your rent online with a debit or credit card
You will need your 8-digit account number to complete the payment, this can be found on your bill.
If you do not have a bill or need support to find your account number please contact us 020 8547 5003
Pay your rent by phone
You can pay your council housing rent by debit or credit card over the phone using our 24 hour phone service:
- you'll need a touch-tone phone to use the service
- you can pay using Mastercard, Visa, Visa Debit and Maestro
- you'll need your account number so, have your bill to hand
Please call 0345 359 1111 and follow the voice prompts and enter payment and card details via your telephone keypad.
Other ways to pay rent
Set up a standing order
Our bank account details are:
- The Royal Borough of Kingston upon Thames
- Lloyds Bank
- Sort Code 30-80-12
- Account Number 14717168
If setting up a standing order you will need to complete the standing order forms from your bank and quote the rental account number shown on your bill.
Pay at the Post Office
Your rent payment can be made at any post office – cash and debit cards are accepted. Take your plastic swipecard with you.
Pay with Payzone
You can use one of the Payzone terminals found in many stores to pay your rent. Take your plastic swipecard with you. A list of places with Payzone terminals can be found on the Payzone website.
Pay direct from your salary or pension
If you are a council worker, you can pay you rent direct from your salary, or if you’re a retired council worker, from your pension.
Pay your rent and see it spent
Keeping up to date on your council rent helps us make improvements to homes and services for you and your neighbours.
If you don’t pay on time you could lose your home so if you're struggling please get in touch to see how we can help.
Housing association tenants
If you are a housing association tenant, contact your housing association about paying your rent.
Example of a rent statement
If you are a council tenant you will receive a rent statement detailing charges made to your account, payments received and the balance of your rent account at a specific date. These are sent quarterly in the months of January, April, July and October
If you have any concerns with your rent statement you should contact your income recovery manager in the first instance on 0208 547 5003 or email incomerecovery_managers@
Housing Contact Centre
You can get in touch with our Contact CentreAddress: