Penalty Charge Notices (PCNs)

Appeal a Penalty Charge Notice

How to appeal against a parking fine.

When to appeal

If you think we’ve issued a PCN incorrectly, you should appeal it as soon as possible. Check your PCN or letter for how long you have to appeal. 

To view our evidence and start an appeal, you’ll need your parking charge notice number (starts with QT and is 8 digits long) and your vehicle registration number.

View our CCTV and photo evidence

If your PCN was issued because of CCTV footage, you should view this evidence online before appealing your PCN. 

The still images from the CCTV will be included in PCNs sent to you by post.

View our evidence for a PCN

How to appeal

The simplest and quickest way of appealing is to complete the online form.

Appeal a PCN

If you have any evidence you want to submit, you can upload these files during the process.

For more information on when you can appeal, you can refer to the London Councils advice on when you can challenge a PCN.

After you submit your appeal

We’ll look at your appeal and the evidence you’ve given and respond to you within 14 days.


If we accept your reasons for disagreeing with the PCN, we will cancel it and you will not have to pay anything.

If we reject your appeal

You can:

  • pay the discounted fee if we received your appeal within 14 days of the PCN being issued
  • pay the full fee if your objection was received outside of the discount period but within 28 days of the PCN
  • appeal to the Independent Parking and Traffic Adjudicators on specific grounds within 28 days of the notice of rejection being delivered

Contact us

If you have any queries regarding your PCN, call us on 020 8547 5995 (Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm).

Last Modified: 20/06/2024 10:57:52