Kingston GPs providing additional weekend clinics this winter
After the success of a similar scheme last year, and as part of plans to increase access to GPs this winter, GPs across Kingston will be providing additional weekend clinics.
These clinics will be held on Saturday and Sunday mornings and afternoons in addition to the existing GP out-of-hours service which will continue to run from its base at Kingston Hospital.
The additional clinics, running from November 2014 until March 2015, are being set up to address patients’ urgent medical needs and will be provided from four local bases across the borough:
- Kingston - Churchill Medical Centre, Clifton Road, KT2 6PG
- New Malden - The Groves Medical Centre, 171 Clarence Avenue, KT3 3TX
- Surbiton - Surbiton Health Centre, Ewell Road, KT6 6EZ
- Chessington - Merritt Medical Centre, Merritt Gardens, KT9 2GY
Clinics are appointment only and patients from anywhere across Kingston can attend by booking an appointment at one of the clinics, which will offer both face to face and telephone GP consultations:
- the service begins on Saturday 1 November 2014
- clinics will run from 10am to 12am and 5pm to 7pm on both Saturdays and Sundays*
- patients should call 0203 021 5404 to organise an appointment
- phone lines will open 30 minutes before each clinic begins
- patients can also call NHS 111 to access the clinics
The GPs in the clinics will not have access to patients’ medical records. Patients should therefore continue to see their own GP in their own GP practice for on-going treatment of longer term conditions.