Become a professional cyclist instructor
We are the only London borough recognised as an instructor training organisation (ITO). Operating since 2007, we have trained more than 400 instructors for local authorities and independent providers. If you are considering becoming a Cycle Instructor, you must be an experienced cyclist, able to match Roles 1 - 5 of the National Standard for Cycle Training, as published on www.gov.uk.
Step 1 - Four day course
The course covers all aspects of cycle training with reference to the National Standard outcomes and risk management. Participants receive provisional accreditation. The course includes:
- four day course with two qualified instructor trainers
- course materials (workbook, manual and model documentation)
- registration on the National Database
- A printed copy of the National Standard Bikeability delivery Guide
Step 2 - Post-course assessment (PCA) within six months of your course
The PCA gives you full accreditation while we observe you working with real trainees where you work.
- usually takes place over two sessions
- we support you and agree on targets for your final evaluation
- from £400 per person excluding post-course assessment (PCA), at our centre in New Malden
- we can run group courses at your location - contact us for details
- post-course assessment from £100
We charge additional traveling costs as required for delivering courses or sessions beyond a 10 mile radius of Kingston.
For enquiries, bookings, and more information please email [email protected] or telephone 020 8547 5826.