Cycle maintenance courses
Our cycle training programme is suspended until further notice. To be informed when we are running it again please add your name to our waiting list below.
We run one day cycle maintenance course to build up essential cycle maintenance skills. You will develop the skills needed to make a full diagnostic check of your bike and learn essential adjustments as well as some repairs. Our courses are for a maximum of 6 people so early bookings are recommended.
- Checking key parts of your bike for wear and tear, using the simple 5 minute assessment system employed by professional bike mechanics!
- Adjusting and balancing your brakes and replacing your brake pads
- Making some minor adjustments which will give you a more comfortable riding experience
- Removing your rear wheel, inner-tube, and tyre and repairing a puncture
- Cleaning and caring for your bike
- What you need in a basic tool kit
Courses are open to adults and children (children under 14 must be accompanied by an adult).
All coursees take place at St Johns Church Hall, Kingston Road, New Malden KT3 3RX
All courses are 09.00 - 13.00.
The cost of attending this course is £20 per person. After booking your place, you must make a payment so that your place is confirmed.
To pay by bank transfer, our bank details are as follows:
- account name: RBK Direct Credit Account
- sortcode: 30-80-12
- account number: 14717168
- reference: “Bike Maintenance Course”
Important: when completed, please email [email protected] to confirm the date you put through your £20 bank transfer.
If you can’t make it to one of our courses, but still want to try some home maintenance, have a look at the basic bicycle maintenance manual provided free from the London Cyclist.