Bike maintenance courses
Bike Maintenance courses are part of a shared service between Kingston and Sutton councils which means we can provide more course options, because if you live, work or go to school in either Kingston or Sutton you can book a course at a venue and date to suit you in either borough.
These Saturday courses provide an essential introduction to bike maintenance, including:
- checking key parts of your bike for wear and tear
- adjusting and balancing your brakes and replacing your brake pads
- making some minor adjustments which will give you a more comfortable riding experience
- removing your rear wheel, inner-tube and tyre and repairing a puncture
- when and how to clean your bike
- what you need in a basic tool kit
Courses are set up according to demand and cost £15 per person to cover venue costs. Courses are open to adults and children (children under 14 must be accompanied by an adult). If you are interested in attending, please check the events calendar to see available dates. You can then book your place by completing a downloadable form.