Bike maintenance courses
Does your bike need some tlc? Why not treat yourself (and your bike!) to a Bike Maintenance Course?
These courses are now part of a shared service between Kingston and Sutton Councils. This new, more flexible system means we can provide more course options, because if you live, work or go to school in either Kingston or Sutton you can book a course at a venue and date to suit you in either borough.
Held on Saturday mornings, the course provides an essential introduction to bike maintenance, including:
- Checking key parts of your bike for wear and tear, using the simple 5 minute assessment system employed by professional bike mechanics!
- Adjusting and balancing your brakes and replacing your brake pads
- Making some minor adjustments which will give you a more comfortable riding experience
- Removing your rear wheel, inner-tube and tyre and repairing a puncture
- Cleaning and caring for your bike
- What you need in a basic tool kit
Courses are open to adults and children (children under 14 must be accompanied by an adult).
Please browse the dates and locations below and then make your booking and payment – all courses start at 9.00am and finish at 1pm
- 14 July 2018
- 15 September 2018
- 13 October 2018
- 17 November 2018
- 16 February 2019
- 21 July 2018
- 22 September 2018
- 27 October 2018
- 24 November 2018
- 23 February 2019
The cost of attending this course is £15 per person. Payment must be made before your place on the course can be confirmed.
To pay by bank transfer, our bank details are as follows:
- account name: RBK Direct Credit Account
- sortcode: 30-80-12
- account number: 14717168
- reference: please use “Bike Maintenance Course” (or as much of that as fits in the reference field).
Important: when completed, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm the date you put through your £15 bank transfer.
To pay by cheque: please contact us at email@example.com to arrange.
Making a booking
To book a place on one of our bike maintenance courses, please make payment then use the following online form.