Bike maintenance courses
Does your bike need some tlc? Why not treat yourself (and your bike!) to a Bike Maintenance Course?
These courses are now part of a shared service between Kingston and Sutton Councils. This new, more flexible system means we can provide more course options, because if you live, work or go to school in either Kingston or Sutton you can book a course at a venue and date to suit you in either borough.
Held on Saturday mornings, the course provides an essential introduction to bike maintenance, including:
- Checking key parts of your bike for wear and tear, using the simple 5 minute assessment system employed by professional bike mechanics!
- Adjusting and balancing your brakes and replacing your brake pads
- Making some minor adjustments which will give you a more comfortable riding experience
- Removing your rear wheel, inner-tube and tyre and repairing a puncture
- Cleaning and caring for your bike
- What you need in a basic tool kit
Courses are open to adults and children (children under 14 must be accompanied by an adult). They are set up according to demand and cost £15 per person to cover venue costs. If you would like to attend one, you can see the course dates and book your place by completing our downloadable form here.