Policies and strategies
Our policies and strategies are available online: Adult social care policies and strategies
The Social Care Institute for Excellence provides a good range of resources online – including Safeguarding TV and multi-agency policy:
- The Social Care Institute for Excellence – resources for safeguarding adults
- The Social Care Institute for Excellence – Protecting adults at risk in London: Good practice resource
- SCIE - Safeguarding adults at risk of harm: A legal guide for practitioners
- Safeguarding Vulnerable Groups Act 2006
- Mental Capacity Act
- Mental Capacity Act Code of Practice
- SCIE – Practice guidance on the involvement of Independent Mental Capacity Advocates (IMCAs) in safeguarding adults
Developing Together - Social Care Teaching Partnership
We are involved in a unique Social Work Teaching Partnership with seven local authorities, two voluntary sector agencies and an academic partner, Kingston University. The Partnership has received government funding to develop and test new and innovative approaches to Social Work qualifying education and continuing professional development programmes. As a result, a significant number of Social Work practitioners from across the Partnership are involved in Kingston University’s Social Work programmes, delivering or co-delivering lectures, workshops and seminars.
Practitioners from across the Partnership also work alongside those with lived experience of social care as part of ‘Create the Curriculum’ events, to contribute to the creation and development of the syllabus, ensuring it is always richly informed by practice.
Our Partnership champions collaboration between practice and academia, and we work together across the Partnership to design and enhance continuing professional development opportunities. We recently commissioned a bespoke Coaching and Mentoring course worth thirty academic credits through Kingston University, and have sponsored twenty Social Workers across the Partnership to complete this qualification.
You can find out more about our Teaching Partnership on our website: http://www.developingtogetherswtp.org.uk