Resettlement and support service

The Resettlement Support Service works with single people and families who are deemed vulnerable and due to their vulnerability are at risk of losing their home. We work with people who are aged 18 to 54. 

We support clients when they move into their new homes, to maintain their current or new tenancies and also assist clients to achieve independence and empowerment. 

We can assist with:

  • Support in maintaining and setting up new tenancies

  • Rent arrears, welfare benefits and claims

  • Help manage debts and budgeting

  • Support to achieve a healthy lifestyle

  • Support in neighbourhood disputes and harassment

  • Support to manage chaotic lifestyles

  • Assist by liaising with other services

  • Signposting and referring to other services 

  • Access to further education


How does it work?

All clients are allocated a personal resettlement worker. Your worker will discuss your needs and agree on a person centred support plan with you to achieve the realistic outcomes you want.

This service is designed to help you meet your goals and aspirations, therefore you will be involved in every part of the support service. 

Your support plan will be reviewed with you every 3 months.

Who can get support?

  • You can get support if you are aged 18 to 54 and:

  • Live in or are housed by the Royal Borough of Kingston Council

  • Are being supported by Kingston council

  • Have a housing-related support need

  • Are vulnerable and require tenancy sustainment support

Vulnerable groups which we support include:

  • Families

  • Single people 

  • People at risk of homelessness

  • Young people leaving care

  • People with a physical disability

  • People with substance misuse problems

  • People with mental health problems 

  • Offenders and people at risk of offending

  • Victims/survivors of domestic violence

  • People with HIV, AIDS, HEP C and HEP B

  • People with a learning disability/difficulty


If you would like assistance you will need to be referred to the service. Our referrals come from:

  • Statutory or voluntary support and advice agencies  

  • Royal Borough of Kingston Council Housing and Finance Services

  • Adult and children's social services

  • Women’s refuges


Feedback about the service

We want you to benefit and feel involved in all aspects of our service and welcome suggestions on how we can improve. If you are unhappy with the service in any way please contact the resettlement manager. Following this, if you are still unhappy there is a formal complaints procedure.  Please contact us on 020 8547 5003. 

Resettlement and support service contact

To request a referral form or enquire about the service:

Phone: 020 8547 5003

Email: [email protected] 


Last Modified: 07/01/2021 14:51:27

Resettlement and support service

To request a referral form or enquire about the service:

Telephone: 020 8547 5003