Join the housing register

Other housing options

Moving to another borough

Homefinder UK advertises social housing properties from across the UK. Homefinder UK aims to help homeless households and social housing tenants find a home anywhere within social housing.

Seaside & Country Homes 

Seaside & Country Homes scheme helps social housing tenants move from London to seaside and countryside locations. The scheme is open to people living in council or housing association properties in London where at least one member of the household is age 55 or above.

Apply to Seaside & Country Homes

Exchange properties with another household

Swapping homes (tenancies) is the quickest way to move home if you’re a council or housing association tenant. You can swap homes with other social housing tenants in the borough or anywhere across the country.  

If you’re in sheltered housing, you can only swap tenancies with other sheltered tenants.

You can swap to a different type of property, for example, from a flat to a house and you can choose a property with an extra bedroom or adapted for a disabled person. You can also swap homes with a council or housing association tenant in a different part of the country.

To register your home for an exchange you can provide your property details and the accommodation you seek on following exchange websites Homeswapper and/or House exchange

If you are living in Kingston council accommodation see the pages on mutual exchanges and how to apply  

Shared Ownership

You can search and apply for Shared Ownership Opportunities on the Homes for Londoners website


Housing Moves

Housing Moves is available to former rough sleepers and victims/ survivors of domestic abuse. To find out more visit the Housing Moves website.

Last Modified: 31/05/2024 15:38:16