Put up temporary signs

If you want to put up temporary signs on street furniture you will require a licence. 


A charge of £100 per application must be made in advance, Once approved we will require payment of £30 per sign along with a refundable deposit of £60 per sign per calendar month .


Applicants should be the person who ensures the conditions of the licence are met.

You can apply for a licence by downloading, completing and returning an application form. You will need to enclose a copy of your company’s public liability policy.

The Company must indemnify the council for any claims made against the Council for injury caused to pedestrians and /or vehicles during the course, or as a result of the company’s activities.

Temporary sign application form

Licence conditions  

  • the company will be responsible for any damage caused to street furniture during their activities whilst fixing signs to street furniture
  • the company will be responsible for supplying, erecting and removing from the highway all temporary signage  
  • you must comply with all instructions issued by the Traffic Management Officer and/or the Licensing Officer
  • if any conditions are contravened the licensing authority may withdraw the licence without notice
  • the company must remove all signage on the expiry date of the licence
  • the council will use the refundable deposit to remove any signs not removed by the company

Last Modified: 08/10/2020 10:25:25