The rewards of being a governor
Governors can get a great deal from the work and time they put in. It gives them a chance to:
- make a difference to how well the school runs
- see how their efforts help raise standards
- do something positive for the next generation
- serve the local community
- help realise their own potential by learning new skills
Schools are part of the community they serve and can provide a focal point for improving life chances for adults too.
Everyone has something to offer their local school. Governors find that they gain a lot too. From meeting new people to gaining new skills and most importantly the knowledge that you are helping to improve educational standards for youngsters in your area.
Many employers encourage staff to become school governors. They realise that the skills gained from being a governor are transferable to the workplace.