Cookie Consent by Free Privacy Policy Generator Change cookie preference

Apply for a disabled person’s Freedom Pass

If you’re disabled or have a mobility condition, apply for a freedom pass to travel for free. 

Who can apply

Adults and children over the age of 5 can apply for a Freedom Pass.

You must have a permanent residence in the Royal Borough of Kingston and meet 1 of the following criteria to apply:

  • receive the higher mobility component of the Disability Living Allowance
  • receive 8 points or more for moving around component of Personal Independence Payment
  • receive 12 points for planning and following a journey component of Personal Independence Payment
  • receive 8 points or more for communicating verbally component of Personal Independence Payment
  • are blind or partially sighted 
  • have been refused a driving licence 
  • are profoundly or severely deaf 
  • are without speech 
  • are without arms or have a long-term loss of the use of both arms 
  • receive a War Pensions Mobility Supplement
  • have a disability or you have suffered an injury which has a substantial and long-term adverse effect on your ability to walk

Apply for a pass

Complete and return the application form to: Concessionary Travel Team, Customer Experience, High Street, Kingston Upon Thames, KT1 1EU. 

It may take up to 12 weeks to process from the date we receive your application. 

Apply for a Freedom Pass

If you need an accessible version of this document email

Last Modified: 27/10/2023 15:47:29

Concessionary travel team

Telephone: 02085475000