Pay your Council Tax and Housing Benefit Overpayment
It is your responsibility to ensure the payment reaches us in time:
- you should allow four working days for the Council to receive payment
- please have your bill to hand when paying, if you give the wrong account number your payment may be delayed or not reach us at all
- if your bank declines the payment, we will not be able to tell you that the payment has been refused so please check the payment has left your account
- if your bank refuses the payment you'll need to follow up and pay by another method or sort out the issue
- please keep any receipts you receive as proof of the payment
Ways to pay:
You can pay your Council Tax by debit or credit card using MasterCard, Visa, Visa Debit, and Maestro
Direct debit is the easiest way to pay your Council Tax.
- Monthly payments begin on 1 April and are due on the first day of each subsequent month.
- Half-yearly payments are due on 1 April and 1 September.
- Yearly payments are due on 1 April.
Have your bill to hand as you will need to know your account number. If your direct debit is submitted between 1 March and 1 April, it will not be set up in time to collect the 1 April installment. We will advise you of your revised payment plan in accordance with the direct debit guarantee.
24-hour phone line
You need a touch-tone phone to use the service. You can pay by debit or credit card using Mastercard, Visa, Visa Debit, and Maestro. You will need your account number so have your bill to hand.
Follow the voice prompts and enter payment and card details via your telephone keypad.
Please call 0345 359 1111
Set up a standing order or pay by BACS
Our bank account details are:
- The Royal Borough of Kingston upon Thames
- Lloyds Bank
- Sort code 30-80-12
- Account number 14717168
If setting up a standing order you will need to complete the standing order forms from your bank. Always quote your Council Tax account number shown on your bill when making a payment or setting up a standing order.
If paying by BACS the Council Tax account number should be quoted as your reference and a remittance advice should be emailed to [email protected].
Pay at the Post Office
Your Council Tax (but not business rates) payment can be made at any post office – cash and debit cards are accepted. Take your bill with you as you will need the barcode printed on it.
Pay with Payzone
You can use one of the Payzone terminals found in many stores to pay your Council Tax (but not business rates). Take your bill with you as you will need the barcode printed on it. A list of places with Payzone terminals can be found on the Payzone website.
Paying back the overpayment - Housing benefit
When you have been overpaid Housing Benefit we have the right to decide who to reclaim the overpayment from. We will either:
- take deductions from your ongoing benefit entitlement; or
- send you an invoice and ask you to repay the amount; or
- send an invoice to your landlord and ask them to repay the amount.
If you have received an invoice you can make a payment. Sometimes we ask you to repay the overpayment even where your landlord was paid the benefit. We have the right to decide who to reclaim the overpayment from.
If we have sent you an invoice and you cannot afford to repay the amount in full please complete a request for a benefit repayment plan.
Set up a Direct Debit Online
Direct debit is the easiest way to pay your Housing Benefit Overpayment.
To request a Direct Debit setup please complete the pdf download below and return the document to:
Revenues Team - HBOP, Royal Borough of Kingston, Guildhall 2, Kingston Upon Thames, Surrey, KT1 1EU
Council Tax Reduction overpayments
When you have received too much Council Tax reduction we add the overpaid amount to your Council account and send you a new Council Tax bill. Your regular instalments will be increased as shown on the bill.