Child protection enquiries

Medical assessment

As part of the assessment a doctor or paediatrician (specialist in child health) may have to examine your child, to:

  • help identify what's happened
  • find injuries that need treatment
  • think about the explanation given for the injuries or concerns

Children can only be examined with your permission, unless they need emergency treatment. If you don't give this, social workers can get Court permission, and you will need to take legal advice.

You can be at the assessment, and the social worker can also attend.

Last Modified: 23/09/2020 10:54:19