Support and advice for businesses
Support for Businesses
This page outlines practical support available for businesses and workers.
Business updates newsletter
Sign up for Business updates newsletter to receive business briefings by email, or view all previous issues. You can also view our Keep Kingston Safe toolkit for businesses, where we have complied information and guidance to help you understand how you can prevent the spread of COVID-19, as well as posters, graphics and materials you can use to help spread the message of how to Keep Kingston Safe.
Business Support Helpline
You can access help in starting or running a business through the Government-backed Business Support Helpline.
Telephone: 0300 456 3565
Textphone: 0191 581 0052
Email: [email protected]
The helpline is open Monday to Friday, 9am to 6pm
Grants for businesses
Grants are available for businesses impacted by restrictions and closures. Further information and application guidance is available here.
Culture at Risk Fund
The Mayor of London has announced a targeted emergency fund to help London's creative and cultural industries at risk due to the impact of COVID-19. If you are an arts organisation, business or individual working in the cultural sector, creative industries or night-time economy, visit the Mayor of London's Culture at Risk page.
Online advice and support for businesses
- Greatbusiness.gov.uk: Advice and support for those looking to start, grow or accelerate their business
- Start up Loans Company Start Up Toolkit: Comprehensive guidance on everything from idea development to finance and IT
- MyBusiness1st: A guide to the different stages of business development
- GOV.UK – setting up a social enterprise
- A Business Planning Guide To Developing Social Enterprise, from the Forth Sector
- Social Enterprise Explained, from Social Enterprise UK
- Federation of Small Businesses (FSB), a member organisation focussed on helping smaller businesses achieve their ambitions, providing advice, support and representation.
- London Growth Hub, Access to business support, workspace and information from the London Growth Hub
- Startup Loans Company - start up loans and toolkit. Comprehensive guidance on everything from idea development to finance and IT
- Startups in London Libraries - The Startups in London Libraries programme is designed to help aspiring and early-stage entrepreneur