Book a Site Inspection
Book a site inspection
After you have submitted the correct building control application, and it has been formally registered and validated, you can book a site inspection.
Before you book
You’ll need to tell us when:
- you start the work
- when the work is complete
You’ll also need to let us know when you reach certain stages in between by booking appropriate site inspection requests.
You can tell us by email.
When to book inspections
We will send you a list of stages when you need to book site inspections (known as a Service Plan). This will be sent to you after your application has been validated and reviewed by a Building Control professional.
At each inspection, our surveyor will talk to you about your next inspection and when it will need to be booked for.
What you’ll need
You’ll need the following to complete the booking form:
- your building control application number
- site address and postcode
- what type of inspection you need
- your contact name and telephone number
You can search the application register to see the details of your building control application.
How to book
You can book a site inspection online.
Bookings are available Monday to Friday (except Public Holidays) with a member of the Building Control service typically attending between 9.30am and 3pm.
Bookings can’t be arranged for a specific time, but you can request a morning or afternoon slot.
You should try to book in advance, but in an urgent situation, you can book your inspection as late as 3pm the working day before the visit.
When we attend
You or your builder should be onsite when we attend.
You’ll need to make sure that adequate access arrangements and facilities are available for us to undertake the required inspection. This could include:
Getting a completion certificate
Your completion certificate will be issued within 5 working days of a satisfactory inspection, after:
- all works have been completed and
- we are satisfied that the project meets Building Regulations
We offer specialist advice and knowledge, covering:
- local ground conditions and existing buildings
- building regulations compliance
- links to council departments and other agencies like the London Fire Brigade and Thames Water
We are a member of the national Local Authority Building Control organisation (LABC), which means that we can:
- partner with other local authorities to offer regular clients a plans approval service for developments anywhere in England or Wales
- offer a range of warranties to add value to your project
- provide access to a wide range of associated services and expertise through LABC Consult