Order a Certificate
Order a certificate for births, deaths and ceremonies
Registered within the borough
Use this service to order a copy of a certificate for births, deaths, marriages and civil partnerships registered within the borough of Kingston:
- the event must have been registered at least 6 months ago
- order up to 2 certificates online using the link below
- we will then call you to take payment over the phone
We hold all records for all births, deaths, marriages and civil partnerships that occured within the Royal Borough of Kingston upon Thames from 1837 to the present day.
Events registered outside the borough
If the birth, death, marriage or civil partnership was not registered within the borough of Kingston contact the local Register Office for the area the event was registered in.
If you are not sure where it was registered, you can order a copy of a certificate from the General Register Office via Gov.uk:
Costs and collection
Certificates cost £11 each and are usually ready within five working days.
You can come and collect the certificate in person from The Register Office, at the Guildhall, or we can also post them out to you via Royal Mail 2nd class mail.
For an additional fee, statutory priority services are available as follows:
- Next Day Priority Service (Monday - Friday) - order and pay before 3pm, and collect in person on the next working day after 10am. The fee for this is £35 which includes one certificate.
- Priority Postal Applications (Monday - Friday) - order before 3pm and the certificate will be dispatched First Class post the same day. The fee for this is £35 which includes one certificate and postage & packing.
Copies of decree absolutes are not held at the Register Office. These can be obtained from the county court where the divorce was heard.
Opening Hours by appointment only: Monday to Friday, 9am - 4pm. Saturday 10am - 1pmAddress: