Report a Benefit Fraud
Benefit Fraud investigations are dealt with by the Department for Work and Pensions. You can contact them at:
National Benefit Fraud Hotline
By Telephone: 0800 854 4400 - Monday to Friday, 8am to 6pm
By Post -
Mail Handling Site A
Report suspected benefit fraud online
There has to be a good reason for investigating someone for benefit fraud - so you’ll need to give as much of the following information as possible:
- The name and address of the person you’re reporting and their partner, if they have one.
- A description of the person.
- The type of benefit theft you think they are committing and why you suspect them.
- Information about their employer, if you think they’re working.
- Information about their vehicle, if they have one.
The information you provide is strictly confidential. You don’t have to give your name unless you want to.