Cookie Consent by Free Privacy Policy Generator Change cookie preference

What to do if I am sick or in an emergency


You can call 999 (free phone) in an emergency for these services:

  • Ambulance
  • Fire 
  • Police

If you or a family member has an accident or a sudden serious illness you should go to your nearest hospital with an A&E department which is free for everyone.

Your local Accident & Emergency hospital is:

Kingston Hospital 

Galsworthy Road, KT2 7QB



Tel: 020 8546 7711


You can also get medical help for health problems that cannot wait by calling the NHS non-emergency number, 111.

This is a free service operating 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

You can also go online (for assessment of people aged 5 and over only).

You will be asked for some details, such as your name and address.

If you do not speak English, you will need to either request an interpreter in English at the beginning of the call or ask a friend or relative to make the call for you to ask for an interpreter.

Last Modified: 19/10/2022 14:15:20